Thursday, May 17, 2012

Meggan's Day Off

If you've been reading our email newsletters, you saw last month that we've realized our stress levels have been too high.  We have been overwhelmed by your support through emails - Thank you!

One of the practical things that we're doing to help us in our quest for lower stress is to each have a day off. Ben had started practicing a day off regularly a few months ago, but we both suddenly realized that even when he was off, I wasn't.  My day was basically the same, except that Andy had a playmate when I was cooking when Ben had off.  So, Meggan's Day Off began.  It's typically every Thursday and means no cooking or cleaning for me.  Sure, we still have Andy to take care of, but it is a big improvement.

Ben, you are awesome!  Thank you for making these days possible!

Something that I really miss about life in the US is paper-crafting. While I LOVE using Shutterfly to make digital scrapbooks (thanks to my sister-in-law, Kim, for inspiring me), I still like to make cards, chip-board books, etc with real, hands-on paper and materials.  Too bad that stuff is rather rare (read "ridiculously expensive and hard to get to") in Spain.

Thanks to my lovely parents, their neighbor, Holly (a Stampin' Up rep), and Kim, I now have a bunch of crafting supplies.  Our church in Denver, Bethany Evangelical Free, also sent me some wonderful crafting supplies for Christmas.  Thank you all!

Anyways, on the past two Thursdays, I've been putting my paper-crafting skills to the test in making cards.  Here are a few that I've done.  The lighting isn't great, but oh well.  And as soon as I mail out Rick and Anne Groves' wedding card, I'll post that one up, too.  Can't let them see it here before they open it, can I?





No comments: