Saturday, July 9, 2011

Snapshots from Nómadas 2011

As a lad I went to Hell with my family. Now I've been to purgatory (or, more specifically, Purgatory Falls). It's a proud day.

David plays Gollum with a dead trout we found.

Two hippies and a guy who just got out of the shower - must be costume night.

Three guard dogs stopped us in our tracks on this hike.

What can't be captured in pictures: an incredible surge in the level of connection I have with these students; an opportunity to teach and a chance to share my life's story of how Christ got a hold of me in my teen years; a youth trusting me confidentially as we processed through his personal stuff; the mix of emotions I feel (excited, nervous, humbled) as I take over as the "point person" for the youth group. Also night games. Don't have the right kind of camera. And the smell of teenage man-sweat in our bunk room; still waiting on the scratch-n-sniff technology to come to digital cameras and computer screens.


My sentiments exactly, Eli - it was a great week, but I'm exhausted. :-)

No comments: